By Erika Sondali
If one of your new year’s resolutions is to look after your body this year, you are not alone! Now February has arrived, no doubt your good intentions are long gone, however, small changes in your lifestyle can have an ongoing effect on your health and wellbeing. Get your resolution back on track with these simple tips:
1. Drink more water instead of drinking fizzy drinks. If you find water too boring, add a squeeze of fresh lemon or zesty lime juice to it.
2. Workout with a friend, you can encourage one another to stay on track as its hard going it alone!
3. Don’t skip meals. Even a piece of fruit is a better choice than nothing and will help keep your metabolism up and ticking over.
4. Eat more fruit and more veges. Substitution here is the key, instead of having a side of fries, make a healthier choice and have a side of salad.
5. Swap out unhealthy snacks for healthy ones, reach for the fat free cheese sticks instead of the fat full potato chips.
6. Take some time out each day to relax, even if it is just a 5 minute walk around the block at lunch time. Make sure you get some fresh air!
7. Stretch - Get yourself moving in the office - if you are sitting at your desk all day, make sure you stop every hour or so, to get up and to stretch your legs.
8. Have fun! This is what life is all about, so make time to stop to “smell the roses” and enjoy the company of friends and loved ones. Laughter is great medicine for a lot of modern day stress and anxiety.
9. Treat yourself every so often with a massage or spa day! Look after your physical as well as your mental health.
10. Be kind to yourself and others. You will always feel happier and healthier with a smile on your face.
About the Author: If you need some regular encouragement to stay fit and healthy and to get the most out of your life, check out the “Stay Fit” blog on extrahealthy.info located here: http://stay-fit.extrahealthy.info.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=125896&ca=Wellness%2C+Fitness+and+Diet